Nettie’s Pill Box- Pharmacy Consulting Services, Inc. named after my grandmother, was formed with my own grandparents in mind. I noticed that as they aged, not only did their medical conditions become more complex but so did the number of medications they were taking. My grandmother was diagnosed with multiple myeloma a few years back and prior to my grandfather’s passing, he was diagnosed with COPD and gastroparesis and it became the responsibility of their children and grandchildren to take over their care. After only being out of pharmacy school for a couple of years, I became the “go-to” person for questions about their medication and medical care. It was very convenient for them to call me as ask what a particular medication was or if a certain side effect they were experiencing was due to the medication and often times I noticed that when returning from their doctors office or pharmacy they didn’t remember everything they were told and didn’t ask everything they wanted to. So having a pharmacist at their disposal was very convenient.
Wether a concerned family member of a senior adult on multiple medications, a physician with patients struggling to understand medications to meet therapeutic goals, or a nursing or group home with senior adults on multiple medications, we can help. We have a number of services that can be tailored to meet their needs.
Services we provide:
Medication Therapy Management (MTM) include a broad range of services designed to improve patient care and outcomes. These services help to increase medication adherence as well as enhance patients’ understanding of appropriate drug use.
MTM services are also designed to help improve collaboration among the patient, family members and the health care team. MTM empowers patients’ to become actively involved in medication self-management.
We can provide numerous in-home pharmacy related services. We take a holistic approach to evaluating medication regimens (prescription and non-prescription) to improve quality of life.
- Identifying, resolving, and preventing medication – related problems
- Identify potential medication – related problems between prescription, non-prescription, and herbal medications.
- Monitoring and evaluating response to medication therapy including safety and effectiveness
- Providing verbal and written education, and training on appropriate medication usage (inhalers, injections, ointments, eye and ear drops, etc.)
- Providing support services and resources to enhance adherence to medication regimens as they are prescribed by the physician
Who Can Benefit from MTM services:
Contact us today for more information on services we can provide